Dear BCOE Colleagues:
Drain line capacity must be increased in order to accommodate new wet labs in Bourns B-wing second floor.
Contractors will be removing concrete, trenching, and adding pipe along the first floor exterior corridor, north (patio) side of B-wing beginning Wednesday and will be working for approximately two weeks.
Important information and dates are noted below. Please let me know if you have questions.
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 3rd – concrete saw-cutting will begin:
- In front of B-134 and the west double door leading to the main breezeway beginning between 4:00 – 6:30 am and concluding approximately 8:00 am.
- In front of the east double door leading to the main breezeway and up to but NOT in front of the B-136 doorway beginning at approximately 8:00 am and concluding at 11:00 am
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 3rd and TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4th
- Signage notifying pedestrians of upcoming detours will be posted
- Course instructors for classes in B-164, B-108, and B-134 are asked to please let students know that access must be via the second floor stair or elevator
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5th through WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19th
- Signage will remain
- Pedestrian will be required to use detours
- Ditch digging and pipe installation/replacement/tie-in will commence
Safety and Facilities Coordinator
Bourns College of Engineering
University of California, Riverside
Three words for life from SuperKenny: Honesty, Respect, Gratefulness