The overall vision of the Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering (BCOE) is “To Become a Nationally Recognized Leader in Engineering Research and Education.”
In support of the vision, BCOE’s goal is to create the profile of a Top 25 Engineering School. BCOE’s mission is to:
- Produce engineers with diverse backgrounds with the educational foundation and adaptive skills to serve rapidly evolving technology industries;
- Conduct nationally recognized engineering research focused on providing a technical edge for the USA;
- Contribute to knowledge of both fundamental and applied areas of engineering;
- Provide diverse curricula that will instill in our students the imagination, talents, creativity, and skills necessary for the varied and rapidly changing requirements of modern life;
- Enable our graduates to serve in a wide variety of positions that require leadership, teamwork, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities and
- Be a catalyst for industrial growth and social mobility in the Inland Empire.